Thursday, November 1, 2007

How to Lose Your Fan Base

Here's an excerpt from the Xbox.com Forums/Technical Issues:

"im currently an EXTREMELY angry xbox 360 owner, as i have just suffered my 3rd (yes 3rd!!!) RRod with a gap of no more than 2 weeks between repairs. Its dust free, ventilated and all that jazz, and ive hardly played on it, in fact my sessions have been no longer than a few hours, if that, since the most recent repair so my patience is running extremely thin...i think it might be a ps3 for me, over to the dark side, after being stuck firmly on microsofts side since 2001 with my xbox. Ive dispised some of my friends' ''sony this'', ''ps3 that'' rantings, but i want a next generation console thats not off in some repair centre somewhere when i want to play. IF i had of known this was going to happen when i excitedly paid full price for my premium xbox 360 package about a year ago, i would of thought twice about shelling out the 300 or so pounds...-loving Microsoft fan"

Man, that's just not acceptable. Clearly Microsoft needs to find someone else to fix their Xboxes because the company(ies) that is doing it now just can't get it right (assuming the above story is true). I tend to believe the guy because he's not alone. If you read around, it seems there are a lot of people out there with the same story!

No comments: